I was looking for a quick way to use a bunch of leftover chopped vegetables for a lazy brunch, and decided I needed “One Pan to Rule Them All”– my Lodge cast iron pan. The preparation synopsis:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop potatoes and onions, and saute in cast iron pan with oil, salt, and pepper.
- When potatoes begin to soften, start adding other vegetables. For this frittata, I used mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, black olives, and cilantro. (I added the cilantro at the very end, just before stirring in the eggs.) Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, scramble 6-8 eggs with a splash of milk. Stir in grated or crumbled cheese of choice.
- Blend egg mixture in with vegetable mixture. When blended well, move cast iron pan into the oven.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the edges and top become golden.