M wanted a mixed drink on a quiet Saturday night. He looked at what we had in the fridge and freezer, whipped out the often-used Kitchen Aid 5-Speed Blender, and came up with this. Fruit, rum, and ice (plus a secret ingredient!) come together in a delicious and refreshing blend. The waffle was not in his original idea; we added it for the picture. Dipped in the frozen berry mix, the pizzelle tasted sweet and decadent and wonderful! The daquiris started thick enough to eat with a spoon. As they melted, we were able to sip whilst watching SNL. And a good night was had by all.
Frozen Boozyberry Daquiris
- 2 cups coconut rum approximately, aka he got drunk and forgot how much rum he put into it
- 1 cup frozen mixed strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- 1 1/2 trays ice, 18 cubes, crushed
- 1 cup cream soda, also adjustable according to taste and desired consistency
- 1 pizzelle waffle, for garnish
- Blend the Hell out of the ice until it looks like a slushie.
- Add fruit and blend til smooth.
- Add cream soda to thin mixture.
- Add rum and blend some more.
- Serve with pizzelle waffle halves in a large glass.
Leave a Reply