When life gives you spotty bananas, make banana bread!!! We got 2 lbs. of bananas free last week, in addition to bananas we already had, and we could not eat them fast enough, so I ended up making banana bread twice in the past 5 days. Luckily, this banana bread recipe is super easy to make, and pretty irresistible when finished. It’s great in the morning with a cup of coffee, or as a dessert. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and garam masala to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Blend in bananas, oil, and butter.
- Stir in nuts, if using them.
- Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, and garam masala to taste.
- Pour mixture into greased 8x8 pan (I just melt the butter in the pan, so that whatever remains after you pour the butter out greases the pan, and gives the bread a delicious buttery flavor.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Check with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, cake is done.
Leave a Reply