This fruit platter was a HIT at last year’s BBQ with the family-in-law, and it’s super easy to make. People even took pictures of it…instant ego boost! I got the original idea from Party City, and then tweaked it with what I had on hand. What follows below is more assembly instructions than recipe for approximately 15 skewers. Patriotic kebobs that will go quickly at your upcoming summer holiday picinic!
And just wait til you see what I’m making for this year’s outdoor shindig! I promise it will be way better than my first year’s attempt at red, white, and blue Rice Crispie treats (which came out more pink and grey…and brain-like.) M’s family was very kind and ate them anyway. I think anything I bring after that Cronenbergian nightmare will be viewed as a success. Hooray for lowering the bar early!
- 2 bananas
- 1 16 oz. package strawberries
- 1 6 oz. container fresh blueberries
- 1 24 oz. package cubed watermelon
- 1 10 oz. package large marshmallows
- 1 8oz package mini-marshmallows
- 15 bamboo skewers
- Slice bananas, strawberries, and watermelon into equal sized cubes.
- Thread blueberries and mini-marshmallows up to the top of approximately 6 of the skewers.
- Alternate large marshmallows and bananas with strawberries and watermelon for red and white stripes.
- Arrange on platter.
- Serve and watch it disappear!